Alaska Council of School Administrators (ACSA)
ACSA is currently recruiting an Executive Development and Event Manager based in Juneau. ACSA is a statewide, non-profitmember organization comprised of school and district administrators.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Executive Development and Event Manager executes administrative responsibilities in addition to directing and providing development, member services and event coordination.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once, be able to travel within the state several times per year, be skilled in verbal and written communication, and proficient with various computer programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams), Zoom and Adobe. Candidates must have at least two years’ experience working in an office environment. Experience with eventplanning/coordination preferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinates all aspects of conferences, annual association meetings, board meetings and workshops,arranges board
- Builds and maintains registration forms for each conference using event registration
- Responsible for taking board meeting minutes for member
- Provides administrative support for the Annual Principals’ Conference- coordinates Exhibitor/Sponsorregistration and Exhibitor Hall set-up. Acts as the on-site liaison for
- Coordinates annual membership drive and provides support for the memberships for ACSA and Maintains records for affiliate memberships.
- Coordinates all aspects of event sponsorship and overall sponsorship
- Coordinates all aspects of Champions for Children sponsorships, including collection of funds and advertisingof
- Creates promotional materials, brochures, and other marketing materials in concert with the ACSA PublicInformation Officer (PIO).
- Responsible for distributing updates, media alerts, and other content via email campaigns inconjunction with the ACSA
- Designs and administers online surveys and supports the ACSA PIO with social media
- Files reports for the Alaska Public Office Commission (APOC) for lobbying
- Provides administrative support for the Executive
This position provides a variety of high-level administrative services requiring independence, judgment, and initiativein determining the organization’s needs including the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and committees. Thisposition provides administrative support to other team members as needed.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors for the Juneau
- Monitor ACSA email
- Manage the ACSA event
- Assist Executive Director with correspondence, meeting preparation and
- Work at affiliation events as
- Assist Public Information Officer in the upkeep of the ACSA and affiliate
- Maintain Board and Committee Appointment Database and directory, solicit, and organize committee
- Plan and coordinate virtual and in-person board meetings, assist program staff with committee Coordinating board meetings (two or three) each year includes securing venues, caterers, creatingagendas, board packets & communicating to all staff, board, and committee members.
- Prepare minutes for board and committee meeting and help draft agendas when
- Develop and coordinate board and committee training materials; manage committee
- Draft correspondence for the Executive Director and edit documents and reports as
- Special projects as Assist with other administrative tasks as needed.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of office practices, procedures, office administration and organization, filingsystems and the types and principles of information
- Exceptional written communication skills with emphasis on letter writing styles, grammar, spelling, and Ability to accurately interpret meeting proceedings for transcription purposes.
- Superior interpersonal and verbal communication Ideal candidate should be experienced inproviding support to executives.
- Superior project management skills with an emphasis on event
- Computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Google Drive, Square, membership, eventregistration software, Survey Monkey, PC and Macintosh
- Ability to independently prepare complete and concise reports and
- Ability to multi-task with interruptions while remaining calm, organized, and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and flexibility to work wellindependently and as a
- Exemplary attention to A strong work ethic with reliable attendance and punctuality.
Physical Requirements and Potential Hazards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands or fingers; talk and hear.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must be physically capable of travelling unaided to remote villages in Alaska and to state and nationalvenues by plane, boat, and car. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability toadjust focus. Employee may at times need to be able to lift over 25 lbs. and may be required to stand for extendedperiods of time.
Technology, Equipment, Systems, and Tools
Position requires intermediate skills in spreadsheet and word processing software, and basic skills in databasesoftware, email, and general office equipment.
High school graduate with five years’ experience of office administrative experience with at least one year ofadvanced level administrative work.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with two years’ experience of office administrative work.
This position is a non-supervisory position.
A competitive salary in the range of $60,000 – $65,000 plus a comprehensive benefit package is being offered for thesuccessful candidate.
Position will be opened until filled. Send or email a cover letter and résumé to: ACSA Executive Director
234 Gold St.
Juneau, AK 99801